Pivot Bars ID

A contractor from Nashville, TN says:

Hi, my name is David. I need to find these two pivot bars. I don't see an exact match on your website, but they are similar in style to part 26-438, though not exact. If you can find them, I'd be grateful. I don't know the manufacturer, but I uploaded a picture of a sticker that I found, though probably not helpful. Thank you, David.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200218_112747.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200218_112734.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200218_112720.jpg

This is David. Sorry, I should add some dimensions. The bar is 2 3/4" total length, 1/4" in width, and 3/16 in thickness. Space between 2 fastener holes is 1". Thank you, David.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey David. This is an older style pivot bar that is no longer made, but the 26-438 is a more modern version that, according to our experimenting in the past, should work fine despite a different style tip. 

Keep in mind that we tested the 26-438 with a 15-199 Pivot Shoe; which I believe is what you have. It works fine in this setup. That said, if you happen to have a different pivot shoe, let us know and show us a picture of your existing shoe; we'd be happy to test out whatever configuration you have to confirm.

Here is a picture of the existing shoe. Best picture I have, sorry.
Thanks, David
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 13559.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hey, David. maybe I can be of some help. It seems the die cast company made the change on your pivot bar to our 26-438. All the dimensions seem to match, but the length. The pivot bar might fit your pivot shoe as is, but being die cast, it is easy to cut or file down to fit in your pivot shoe if it needs to be modified in any way. I have personally done this and I have known other customers to have done the sane thing. I hope this information helps. Please get back to us if any other questions or concerns come up. 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.