Pivot lock balance shoe

A quick learner from Norfolk says:
I can not find a name or number on the window itself. The piece has some numbers that are very hard to see and look more like patent numbers if they are anything.
Thanks for your help

Regards
Bill
Pivot lock
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
It looks like you have an old version of our Series 795 channel balance. You will need an all new Series 795 since the new style shoe wont work in the old style balance because the groove in the old balance will just get in the way. You also need to consider how the balance installs at the top. Some older balances installed using a hook, but ours uses a screw tab. If you have a hook instead of a screw tab we will need to custom make it for you.
A quick learner from Norfolk, Va says:
I must assume the shoe is the plastic and the balance is the metal part inside. You mention a hook. One of my pics shows the hook and that's the problem. It's broke. I seem to be having issues with the metal piece that hooks the the spring as well. Should I just replace the whole window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No, you don't need to replace the whole window at all! You only need to replace the balance. The shoe is the plastic "T" part you show in your pictures, and the balance is the complete assembly, including the shoe and the metal channel. The hook I mention is at the very top of the balance, and it's what attaches it to the frame. That said, I don't know if yours is a hook or not. It could be a screw tab.

Did you look at our Series 795 balance yet? We have a ton of information on our site regarding this balance, including detailed pictures, that you can use as a reference.
A quick learner from Norfolk, VA says:
Well I do have the Series 795. It is held in place with a screw so that is good. It is hard to tell from the picture what the actual measurement is. Is it just the length of the metal channel or is it the length of channel fully extended with the "string" included??
I have one out that is 14" for a kitchen window and my living room window is 26". That is the length of the metal channel. Does that sound correct
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Nope, just the length of the metal channel. That's all you need to measure to determine which Series 795 is best for you. 26" is pretty normal and if that's how long the metal channel on yours is, then the S795-26 would be the way to go.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.