Pivot lock hardware

A quick learner from California says:
The pivot lock shoe that I need has no markings other than a patent # 6378169. It is completely white with a metal rotating piece. Riding in the window track are 2 wound metal springs. Hope you can help, thanks
Joel
A user submited photo of pivot lock
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Joel! Do the coil springs also need to be replaced? If so, could you please tell me the numbers stamped on them?
A quick learner from calif says:
the springs are fine however it would be good to have extras. I can get number on wed and email it to you late in the day.

thanks
joel
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks, Joel! Please let us know at your earliest convenience.
A quick learner from Cal says:
The springs do not have any markings at all! They do seem to be in good shape, however. In addition to the pivot locks, do you carry the pins attached to the bottom of the window? The pins hold the window in the pivot lock.

Thanks
Joel
Profile picture of Paul
The pin you reference is what's known as a pivot bar. If you can, please provide a picture of your pivot bar, in addition to dimensions of the installation hole locations. I would be more than happy to identify what you need with that information!

In the meantime, I am still working on this balance system. This particular system is only available fully assembled, you see, so I will need to know the weight of your window sash. Please remove it from the frame of your window and place it on a scale to get as accurate a weight as you can, in pounds.

The double spring coil balances like you have are available in 10 different strengths, ranging anywhere from the ability to carry a sash weight of 19 through 36 pounds, and more. Once I have the sash weight, we can work from there.
A quick learner from Calif says:
Ok, thanks. I will get that info to you next week. These windows are not in my home, ther are in a rental some distance away.
Thanks for the help

Joel
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks Joel! I look forward to helping you.
these are pics of the pins, they are broken in half. the other half of the pin is not seen in these pics. it attaches to the window with 2 screws.

thanks
joel
A user submited photo of pivot shoes
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for getting back to us, Joel. I'm having a bit of trouble identifying these. Can we see an undamaged pin? If they're all broken, can I see two halves put together as closely as possible? Can you also give me the dimensions of the pin?
A quick learner from california says:
hope this does the trick, thanks Joel
A user submited photo of pivot bar
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks, Joel! That is exactly what we needed. I think I may have a few suggestions, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out the dimensions of this bar. Based on your image, it looks like it's just under 3", but I can't see what the exact length is. Can you confirm? Can you also give me the distance between the screw hole centers to the head of the pivot pin? Hopefully this is the last bit of information that we need!
correct, the overall pin length is 2-7/8". the distance from each hole to the head is 2-3/8" and
1-1/4"

thanks
joel
Profile picture of Paul
This looks somewhat similar to our 26-398 Round End Pivot Bar. Does that look like it may work?

As for your balances, we will soon have a possible replacement up for you to view.
That pin looks exactly right!

Thanks
Joel
Profile picture of Paul
Let us know how it works. Make sure to compare its dimensions to your own hardware!

As for the balances, please see our new Series 140 Quick Tilt Balances.
Thanks so much for the help

Joel
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.