Pivot lock shoes for 2002 installed Alumabilt windows

A home owner from Boston says:
Looking to replace the Pivot lock shoes on all our windows. Each time I have tilted a window to clean it, the metal insert in the shoe breaks. Pics I sent are from 24x40 window, but most windows are 33x60 - I assume the pivot lock shoes are all the same size?

I would like to do this myself, but would consider paying someone to do it.

Thanks,
Joel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230325_222012.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230325_222100.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230325_222112.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your pivot shoe looks a lot like our 15-177. I do recommend removing it from the window track to confirm the measurements. Although, I am confident this is the correct replacement.

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

When installing these, be sure that when you tilt the window, you are raising the window a few inches beforehand. Failing to raise the window enough before tilting it leads to this exact damage.

Hi, thanks for the info. I now have removed it from the window track, and I get dimensions 1-3/8" x 1-3/16" x 7/16". SO that would be a different part than the 15-177?

Also, is it generally advisable to replace the coil and coil support when replacing the pivot shoe?

And will the original pivot bars fit into the new shoes?

Part numbers for all please!

Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230330_173752_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230330_173434_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230330_173621_resized.jpg

The shoe appears to be the exact same. I am confident the 15-177 is the replacement pivot shoe you'll need.

If your coil are in good condition then you will likely not need to replace the coil. Although, it may be best to replace everything just to be sure. You will have to make that decision based on the condition of the hardware.

The compatible coil springs are the Series 152 Coil. To determine which coils are the right ones for your window, you'll need to look for any stamps/markings on the metal coil. If there are no stamps/markings, you will need to obtain the exact window weight and divide it by the number of coils in the window.

I've linked the other compatible covers and bushings to this discussion for your review as well as a compatible screw.

To determine the right replacement for the pivot bar, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged pivot bar. There are a few we have that are compatible with the 15-177 pivot shoe.

Hi, attached are photos of the pivot bar.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230409_094600.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230409_094618.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230409_094634.jpg

This pivot bar looks a lot like our 26-030. Look over the dimensions and compare it to your existing hardware to confirm that this is the replacement you'll need.

Detail of 26-030
Detail of 26-030

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.