??
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 71D95CB2-8431-4716-B08A-065B937166E0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 00E129A0-09CE-43CE-8395-A1EEE5E5EA05.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7D848C31-909D-4A44-9828-414947236E30.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E64640B3-F795-4DBD-B202-C13C4F531199.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 01633368-2280-438D-8581-ECDE642DB3D3.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Is this a Certainteed window? If so, you can use our 15-192 Pivot Shoe and the Series 170 and Series 171 Coil Balances. The video below goes into more detail. 

A quick learner from Narragansett, RI says:
No, it is a Simonton window. I also need two pivot pins that go in the bottom of the window.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for clarifying. If it's a Simonton window, this gets a little more involved, as the very similar Certainteed coil balance system doesn't work well as a replacement. Instead, we recommend overhauling entirely with a 15-259 Pivot Shoe, which uses the Series 159 Coil Springs. The video below explains everything you need to account for, including the pivot bars. 

Does the 15-259 pivot shoe fit both left and right sides do the window? 2. How do I find out which series 159 coil spring to order? They have different weights? Thank you
Does the 15-259 pivot shoe fit both left and right sides do the window? 2. How do I find out which series 159 coil spring to order? They have different weights? Thank you
I also need the screws for the pivot pin. Do they come with the pin when I order them? If not what size screw do I need?
Profile picture of Bob

To know what spring weights to select for the coil springs, there should be stamps on the springs themselves, usually near the tongues. If there are none, or you are uncertain, obtain the exact weight of the window sash. Give me that exact weight and I can calculate what you need. 

I believe you mean you need screws for your pivot bars. I am afraid we don't sell these with pivot bars, as the screws you need depends as much on the window sash as it does the pivot bars. I advise contacting a hardware store in your area and see if they can set you up with replacements. 

The window weights 14 pounds.

Does the 15-259 pivot shoe fit both left and right sides of the window????
Profile picture of Bob

Yes, apologies for not answering that. The 15-259 and all these components will work on both sides of the window. Using the S159-7 7.5 pound spring will work out for you. Use one of those on both sides of the sash, for a total of 15 pounds of support (being within 1 pound of the sash weight works fine). 

Thank you very much!! I'll order today!
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.