Pivot shoe

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid it's difficult to say what pivot shoe you need without seeing it removed from the window. The width and thickness of the shoe are also very helpful in determining the right replacement. See the first video below for how to remove your pivot shoe. You will need to remove your channel balance to accomplish this. If your window lacks the cutout that the first video shows, see the second video as well.

A quick learner from Freehold says:
I think these are metal windows. Pivot shoe broke. It's about 9/16 thick from what I can measure but I can't pull it out to get it measured yet. Which part should I order and how do I get these things out??
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1C9ED912-F8F4-4C7C-8B9E-1F61C240844D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A7BBC37B-FDBA-474F-8389-FBCD10CCBDEC.jpeg
A quick learner from Freehold says:
thanks. From what I can get from the broken piece that I can take out and looking at the measurements i can see that it is
2 inches tall
1 1/4 inches wide
depth is about 9/16 to best of my abilities but thats the hard one.

as for cut out - my windows are aluminum i believe. they seem harder than the vinyl stuff.

Hope this helps
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

My colleague Tom thinks it's the 15-046. This is 1/2" thick rather than 9/16"; but see what you think. The 15-118 is also another possibility, as it seems to cohere to your measurements; but it's difficult to say for sure without having the pivot shoe removed from the window.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.