Please Identify This Handle

A home owner from Gardiner, NY says:
This handle is attached to a door with a serial number that indicates the door is a Nami 2858. I have attached a picture of the serial number from inside the door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sliding Handle 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sliding Door 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sliding Door 3.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This is possibly an outside pull used on a handle set with 3-15/16" hole spacing like the 82-033 or 82-030, but if you're uncertain, please show us pictures of the entire handle set and door's internal mortise lock to confirm. 

Bob. thank you. I keep seeing this measurement: 3-15/16" however this handle only has hole spacing of 6.5". Can you recommend something that has 6.5" hole spacing? This handle was delivered to us broken by the seller's of our new home. So, I only have one half of the handle. However, there is definitely no way to make 3-15/16" hole spacing work. thanks in advance for your help.
Profile picture of Bob

I'm afraid we have no handle set with 6-1/2" hole spacing. Can you show me the internal mortise lock in the door, if there is any? I'll try to confirm what can work for you from there, but please note that you may not able to get around drilling new holes for a replacement. 

Bob. I have attached some additional photos. Let me know your thoughts. I don't have a problem with drilling new holes if necessary. Whatever solves the problem. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4408.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4409.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4410.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I recognize this door. If you were to double check those installation holes, I think you'd see that they're more like 6-9/16". Our 82-078 is my recommendation for the handle set. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Please note that we don't sell the mortise and keeper that are designed to work with this handle. For the life of me, I've never been able to track those things down. I'm not sure if they're not made anymore or what, but for now we can only supply the handle. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. 

YES! I think we finally did it. Thank you. I ordered the new handle. TWO THUMBS UP! I appreciate the help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It was my pleasure. Please let me know if we can be of any help in the future.

I have another question regarding this same handle. We received the replacement. the 82-078 fits perfectly BUT (and there always seems to be a BUT) the lock still doesn't work. That got me thinking that maybe there are other components that need replacing? I've attached to photos. Any thoughts?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4430.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4431.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

It might be a problem with the internal mortise lock in the door. Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that this lock was discontinued some time ago and is no longer available. We have no working replacement for it. A local hardware store may be able to help you, but to be honest, in that case you may want to consider abandoning this entire setup in favor of a surface-mount handle set like the 82-005. This set has the lock built into the handle, obviating the need for an internal lock in the door. The problem of course is A) you'd have to drill new holes to install this handle set, and B) you'd have holes from the old handle set and mortise lock exposed. Unfortunately, we have no closer option. 

If you want to return the 82-078, see our Return Policy here. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I understand. We can always continue with the wooden rod we are using to secure the door. At least we have a functioning handle which looks a heck of a lot better. Thank you.
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.