Please assist in identifying correct replacement carriage....

A home owner from Kalamazoo says:
Dear Hardware Guru,

I THOUGHT this was an Anderson door carriage? And then, I ordered the incorrect replacement part... (#81-128). Note that this carriage has the "dog ear" fastener on the ends (whereas part #81-128) fastens THROUGH the carriage assembly. So, I'm not certain what door I have (other than a BIG heavy door), and your assistance in identifying the correct replacement part would be appreciated. Sorry that I didn't place a scale rule when taking the original images!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2900.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2901.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2904.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your original roller looks closer to our 81-018. I think this may be just what you're looking for. Check it out and let me know if you had any questions.

Thanks Tom... sure looks identical.

Follow up question.

I note that part number 81-149 is the SS version of this carriage. My door is 4'x7' and is very heavy. Is the SS capable of withstanding a greater load bearing; or, is the SS simply the same load bearing capacity as 81-018, but "rust free"?

If the SS is capable of greater load, I'll likely purchase that version. If both the same, i'll stick with your 81-018, as the door connects two interior spaces and is not subject to moisture.

Please advise.

Thanks!
best,
Lanny
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 81-149 and 81-018 both have the same weight capacity at 150 lbs. per roller. The stainless steel version isn't made to be stronger, but it does hold up better in harsh weather or in salt air environments. 

Got it. Thanks!
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.