Plygem Coil Balance Window Parts

A quick learner from USA says:
The windows are PlyGem CertainTeed. The label reads June5,2008 1104380940011800000. I have ordered 409 series 170 coiled balance springs from you in the past for these windows. I had a representative from Ply Gem Windows look at them, and although the parts will not be covered under the warranty, he did give me a list of items to order. I will need your help in identifying exactly what to order, but he said I need 8 pivot bars, 8 coil balancers, and 8 housing cam assemblies. I have included some photos to show the problems we are having with the windows. I appreciate your help and letting me know what parts to order. Thanks, Judy
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. For your pivot bars, I would recommend our 26-175 pair. I'm not sure if the coil springs will be the same strength as what you bought before, but see our S170-409 to start out. Each of these springs can carry 9 pounds, individually. I think the housing you're talking about is the 15-192 pivot shoe. Finally, I'm not sure if our 26-148 will fit your old vent latch. You will need to measure your old one to confirm.

A quick learner says:
Thanks for your help. All suggestions worked except for 26-148 vent latch..we need a longer one. Any suggestions? Also, are the CertainTeed top tilt latches available in beige?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The only other part that may work is our 26-387. This mounts directly to the frame, which you can see demonstrated in the video below. I'm afraid we don't have an exact match for this longer vent latch.
A quick learner from 28792 says:

I have MW casement windows and am needing replacement parts for the opening assembly. Windows were purchased in 2000 and were called Twinseal. Is there a parts diagram I can refer to so I can identify the needed parts? Thank you, Vic

Profile picture of Tom

Hello, Vic. I'm afraid we have no such diagram. I'd be happy to help you, but I will need to see a clear, unobstructed picture of each part you're looking to replace. I can then check our inventory to see if we have a match for each case.

A home owner from Ohio says:
I need the felt pads that go inside the windows to stop the dirt from coming in.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

This part is called a dust plug. Unfortunately, we don't sell these and won't be able to provide you with a replacement. I suggest contacting a local hardware store that specializes in window parts, or even just a more general shop; you may be able to cut a piece of foam to the size needed.

How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.