Plygem/Patriot Window Tilt Window Replacement Pivot Lock Shoe

A quick learner from Aldie, VA says:
1800J Single Hung Window. Window # 18R71018U8-AH05. Plygem is the parent company for this window product. The window that I have is a Patriot Window. I am looking simply for the Pivot Lock Shoe for this window product.

User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I recognize this balance. Unfortunately, they no longer make these shoes that can accommodate that indentation. You will have to replace the entire balance. I recommend that you look at our Series 795 channel balance and see if it will work for your window.
A handy person says:
So that t-lock balance shoe wouldn't work? I would have to replace the whole thing?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Correct, the type of balance you have is not manufactured that way anymore, your original T Lock shoe is stamped in, the newer ones do not lock in the same way. Please also note, when the balance shoes break, it is normally a sign that the balance needs to be replaced.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)