Probably need take out clips, but please help with identification first

A home owner from Elk Grove, CA says:

Hello,

I moved into a house where pretty much all the vertical sliding windows are very difficult to operate. The main issue is pushing it down after it's up. I don't know what to do but feel fortunate now to have found this website with great customer service. After looking at some of the videos here, I think I need new channel balance for all the windows, but not sure. None of them have the take out clip, so I ordered a bunch from your site already. To be honest, I'm not sure if that's what I need and if this is the type of window that uses channel balance. Could you please help me take a look at the pictures and let me know? What do you think could be causing the difficulty is pushing the windows down? Thank you.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2461.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2460.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, I have no idea what kind of balance you have based on these photos. It's not possible to ID a balance while it's still in the window. In order to help, we need to see yours out and without obstruction. The video below will explain exactly what we require to help.

A home owner from Elk Grove, CA says:
Hi Tom,
Sorry for the confusion. I'm not asking about the channel balance model. I can't get to that step yet. I just need help to identify whether I'm just missing the take out clips. I think that is the case, but wanted a pro to chime in. There is a recess for the clip, but I just can't image all the windows in the house is missing these clips. Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Oh, I see. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Looking over your photos, you are likely missing your clips, yes. They would install in those two slots you see above the balance itself.

As for them missing in every window in the house, that just means the original installers never put them in to begin with. I know that seems crazy but it happens all the time. They were probably in a rush and skipped a step to get the job done on time, or they didn't have them on hand and decided to simply not do it. If you knew how many cut corners I saw on a daily basis, it would knock your socks off. This kind of thing is more than normal, it's downright common.

In your case, the take out clips you may need could be our 16-002. Review our dimensions to confirm that the width of the clip, at least, will fit in the holes. Just keep in mind that for this kind of thing you won't really know for sure until they're in.

swisco.com
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.