Product Code: 15-014 knife lock balance shoe

A quick learner from NM says:
Are the dimensions of the knife lock shoe (Product Code: 15-014) 1"x1"x3/8"? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's close, but it's more like 1-1/8" tall. We have detailed dimensions on the 15-014 that you can use as a reference. I'll also post them here for your convenience.

Dimensions for 15-014
Dimensions for 15-014
A quick learner from IL says:
Do you have any videos on how to remove and install the 15-014 knife lock balance shoe from a window where you can not remove the jamliner? I am replacing a 29" Series 751 Channel Balance (28HD) in an unknown manufacturer's window. It appeared the only spot to exit the knife lock shoe from the track was the bottom, but it broke on removal. Not a big deal since I don't need the piece anymore, however I want to install the new shoe without any breakage. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7266.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

It's not possible to remove a Series 751 balance without first removing the jamb liner. That's how these are designed to work. If your window doesn't work that way then there is a good chance you don't have the Series 751, or whoever installed your balances made a mistake. 

A quick learner from Yorkville says:
I ordered the 29" SERIES 751 CHANNEL BALANCE from you to replace the balance on an old Menards branded window from 2011. Everything installed correctly, but the depth of the balance was too great and it stuck out of the jam too far and blocked the window from sliding up. The height, channel width, shoe and spring tension were all perfect. Is there a lower profile version of the 29" SERIES 751 CHANNEL BALANCE I could order? My original order number was #1404947. Thanks for the help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (1).jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you give me the width, height and stamp number for the original balance?

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.