Question about installing S795-14D

A home owner from Sacramento, CA says:
Hi, I purchased two S795-14D balances to replace my existing ones. I have received the new ones, but the old ones have a hook where it goes into the wall. The new ones do not. Do you have an adapter for this or are there instructions to install it?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting SWISCO. I am very sorry to see you're having trouble installing the S795-14. Honestly, we usually have a Series 795 balance with a hook like yours custom made. There may, however, be a way around this. Could you show us a photo of the hole in which the hook installs? Depending on it's shape, we have a few different solutions we can try. Thanks.

It's a small rectangular hole.
Profile picture of Bob

Okay, great. This is what we were hoping. Give a look at our 26-200 screw plug. This should pop into the hole, and you can then screw in the new balance as normal. 

Is there an Up/Down designation on the 26-200 or does it not matter?

Thank you.
In addition to the orientation of the 26-200, how deep is the screw supposed to go? The hole is about 1/2" deep before it hits some sort of plastic(?) backing on the window jamb. Would I just get a 1/2" or 3/8" long screw?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob

I don't believe that the orientation of the 26-200 matters. As for screws, it's designed to work with #8 X 1/2" pan head screws like our 33-022.

Just reporting back. It works! Thanks for the help!
Profile picture of Bob

Awesome! Thank you so much for confirming that this setup worked, and of course thank you once again for your business. It means a lot to us. Please let me know if you ever need anything else!

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.