Questions about the 58-164

A quick learner from Plainfield, Il says:
How long is the 58-164 strip? Do you have one that does not have the tongue on it for the groove in the window?
Also, does it have self adhesive mounting tape on it?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The length of the 58-164 is 39 inches. SWISCO currently does not carry a version of the 58-164 without a tongue. No, there is no adhesive mounting tape on this weatherstripping.
A landlord from New Jersey says:
Will this work for for Anderson permaseal casement window House was built in 1982, if not what would you reccomend
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I do not recommend the 58-164 weatherstrip for an Andersen window. Andersen uses their own type of weatherstrip and I am not sure if it can be replaced or not. You may have to check with a local Andersen dealer.
A quick learner from Madison, WI says:
Does this type of weatherstrip come in any longer lenghts. I have two windows that are 54" with this type of weatherstrip.
Profile picture of Paul
Currently the 58-164 weatherstrip is not available in longer lengths.
A quick learner from Kennesaw GA says:
Will this weatherstrip fit into a MI Windows (Capital) Series 255? (new construction window) It looks like it might.. My window has the same groove for the tongue to slide into. However the bulb has foam inside of it Thank You !!
Profile picture of Paul
I do not know if it will fit your Capital Series 225 window. Do you have a profile what weatherstripping is originally made for that series window? The lack of foam in the 58-164 should not be a problem for you if the measurements are the same.
A home owner from South Carolina says:
Would this weatherstrip work on a window made by Binning Building Products, Inc series 3800. Also would the 58-164-5 work?
Profile picture of Paul
I don't know. You would have to take it out and match it to our catalog of weatherstripping, or send a picture for us to inspect. The 58-164-5 means the piece is 5 foot.
A quick learner from Glendora CA says:
The 58-164-5 is waht I am looking for but in BLACK.
Can anyone help me find a supplier? Swisco carries it in white.

No one is willing to help me look for this outside channel moulding at the window/door shops. They tell me that I will never find any moulding for my windows and JUST WANT TO SELL ME NEW WINDOWS!!!!!

Thanks,
Donna
Profile picture of Paul
Sorry Donna, but the 58-164-5 is not available in black.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.