Re: EST#4418 Arnold/Weather Shield Balance Assembly

A handy person from Grand Junction, Colorado says:
Hi Swisco,
I was hoping these were right but I am not sure... There aren't any dims on the website besides the length which is right and the ribbed metal channel's width is 9/16", but is considered 1/2" in the trade......
The balancer we need to replace is a 28TG it also has a PM stamped in it.
The ones we received are a 28TG with a AH stamped in it. These are quite a bit bulkier than the PM.
The depth is 7/16" vs 5/8"
Width on new one 9/16" old one is 1/2"
Any suggestions? Let me know.
Thank You! :)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9e2773ba-5e1b-4a4c-bf5e-1788405d74a5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weather Sheld
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! The shoe looks like our 15-233 Blue Knife Lock Shoe, which is not the same as the shoe that comes by default with our Series 751 (the 15-014). We'd be happy to build balances for you that use this other shoe; however, I think it's best to also show me the balance you procured and your old one side-by-side, from a cross-section view. I want to make sure they're the same size or not, and both ribbed balances or not (see here for a comparison between ribbed and plain balances). From there I'll do my best to further narrow this down. 

A handy person from Grand Junction, Colorado says:
Hi Bob!
I purchased the S751-29 it did come with the blue shoe.
Here are the pictures of the old one (beige) vs the new one that I got from you guys(white).
They are both ribbed. Length is fine. It's just the depth and width that are a little off.
Let me know what you think.
Thank You for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201117_114005.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201117_114107.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201117_114807.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201117_115803.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for clarifying. This is a 'skinnier' type of balance that uses a different weighting system than the Series 751. We can provide this for you via a custom order. Can you provide the exact weight of the window sash for me? From there I can present a quote to you.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.