Re: EST#4418 Arnold/Weather Shield Balance Assembly

A handy person from Grand Junction, Colorado says:
Hi Swisco,
I was hoping these were right but I am not sure... There aren't any dims on the website besides the length which is right and the ribbed metal channel's width is 9/16", but is considered 1/2" in the trade......
The balancer we need to replace is a 28TG it also has a PM stamped in it.
The ones we received are a 28TG with a AH stamped in it. These are quite a bit bulkier than the PM.
The depth is 7/16" vs 5/8"
Width on new one 9/16" old one is 1/2"
Any suggestions? Let me know.
Thank You! :)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9e2773ba-5e1b-4a4c-bf5e-1788405d74a5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weather Sheld
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! The shoe looks like our 15-233 Blue Knife Lock Shoe, which is not the same as the shoe that comes by default with our Series 751 (the 15-014). We'd be happy to build balances for you that use this other shoe; however, I think it's best to also show me the balance you procured and your old one side-by-side, from a cross-section view. I want to make sure they're the same size or not, and both ribbed balances or not (see here for a comparison between ribbed and plain balances). From there I'll do my best to further narrow this down. 

A handy person from Grand Junction, Colorado says:
Hi Bob!
I purchased the S751-29 it did come with the blue shoe.
Here are the pictures of the old one (beige) vs the new one that I got from you guys(white).
They are both ribbed. Length is fine. It's just the depth and width that are a little off.
Let me know what you think.
Thank You for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201117_114005.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201117_114107.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201117_114807.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201117_115803.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for clarifying. This is a 'skinnier' type of balance that uses a different weighting system than the Series 751. We can provide this for you via a custom order. Can you provide the exact weight of the window sash for me? From there I can present a quote to you.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)