Recommended Replacement pivot shoe and latch

A quick learner from United States says:
I need to replace my pivot locking shoes and latches for 2 tilt out windows. Both of the pivot shoes and latches are broken. Balance has 28B BSI stamped in it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 13041532852.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 13041532851.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 13041532853.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us! I'm afraid your pivot shoes are no longer available in this style. You will need an all new balance. I recommend our Series 795, which should be a good match. There are just a couple things to keep in mind:

First, the Series 795 comes with a 1-1/4" wide bottom "T" shoe and installs at the top using a screw tab. I highly recommend checking these details on your existing balance. If your shoe is 1" wide, or if it installs at the top using a hook (or both!), let me know. 

As for the tilt latch in your first photo, see our 26-408 to start out. This looks similar to yours in terms of style, but carefully compare our dimensions to yours to confirm if they match.

A quick learner says:

Tom, I have a 1-1/4" wide T shoe and the cord installs on top with a screw & cord eyelet. Looks like a hooked eyelet washer where the cord runs through the eyelet then the entire assembly is screwed to the channel. 

As far as the tilt latch is concerned, from the top my latch is 1-7/16" wide x 2-3/4" long from end to end. It's still installed, so I didn't measure the internals. Let me know if this is a match and I'll order right away. 

Thank you

Allen

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us, Allen. With that information in mind, I think our Series 795 would be a good fit for how it comes. No need for any additional hardware.

As for the tilt latch, the size of the top isn't all that essential. The internals are more important. You can review our dimensions here.

Alternate image for 26-408
Alternate image for 26-408
Alternate view of 26-408
Alternate view of 26-408
Alternate view of 26-408
Alternate view of 26-408
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.