Reflectolyte patio door lock is broken

A home owner from San Antonio, TX says:
Hi! Larry Jackson here! Have lived in our house since 1984 - it was built in 1983. Bedroom Patio Door lock has frozen up and just won't work any more. It was held in by plastic clip which has broken. With magnifying glass I saw it was a Reflectolyte product - can you help me? (Picture is below).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Patio door lock.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! I think we can help, but we won't be able to replace this part by itself. This looks like the latch from our 82-005 handle set, but unfortunately we cannot supply the individual components individually. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

A home owner from San Antonio, TX says:
This latch was built into the door and held in place by a plastic clip. Will I be able to remove the latch from the handle set to put it into the existing door?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The latch in the 82-005 can be removed, yes. Refer to the video below.

I'm starting to have doubts now, though. I've never seen a latch like yours installed in the door itself. I cannot guarantee if the 82-005 latch can work in the same capacity.

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.