Repair hardware for our windows

A quick learner from Raleigh, NC says:

We have tilting double hung windows and a few of them do not stay open since the hardware is broken. I have attached the images from the windows. Please let me know if you have the parts that we would need for fixing these and the cost.

Thanks

Vineet

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C811BBC4-BC32-4747-97F2-FA4BD60E253D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BF819B14-8EA8-4986-8176-A1A43D904E17.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F67A859D-A94A-4C34-854D-FDEE790C9B09.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B525FB02-E877-45B1-A61F-7227CAC0A58B.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Vineet. These old rod balances are discontinued and no longer made. The good news is that as long as the spring is 1/2" in diameter, you can use our Series 795 as a substitute. The only catch is that it takes some handiwork to get it to install.

The video below will show you exactly what to do, step by step. I highly recommend watching it for instructions on how to use the Series 795 to replace your old balance.

A quick learner from Raleigh, NC says:
We ordered the parts recommended on the video and got the 26-366 as the pivot bar for the window sash. After installing the pivot bar the foot that goes into the channel is not long enough to engage on both sashes. I have attached a picture for reference. What are my options
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EEF5EDF6-1C4F-4FCE-97B8-ABE251FF1878.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I do see this issue sometimes for these conversion projects. There was a longer version of our 26-366 pivot bar, but it was discontinued and to my knowledge is no longer made.

The 26-366 can still work but it will require drilling new holes so that you can mount it a little more forward, to make up for the difference. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.