Repairing 2006 vinyl windows

A home owner from Maryland says:
When the house was built in 2006 these windows were new. I expect they are basic contractor grade windows. Looking to repair the mechanism that lifts and guides the window.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Based on your picture, I think our Series 795 channel balance looks like our best match. This comes with a 1-1/4" bottom "T" shoe and screws in at the top, which appears to match your configuration. See what you think.
A quick learner from raleiigh nc says:
Tom,
I have the same window balance and shoe, my question is how do I get the old shoe out and the new shoe in? My shoe broke away from the balance but I dont see how it can be removed or how a new one could be inserted back in. Please advise THANKS!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To remove the bottom T-Lock shoe, you would press in the nylon pins that lock into the channel balance holes, swinging the shoe away from the channel rivet and out. After you remove the shoe, see if it looks like one of ours. I hope this helps!
A home owner from Maryland says:
I just found these two labels on the casing. It looks like the Series 795 you mentioned is the correct part. The silver metal channel measures 26 inches, so I was going to order the 26 inch version. I was not sure what weight I should select. Are you able to discern the weight from the photos?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
The spring weight usually is stamped on the metal portion of the actual balance. If it's not, you would need to remove your sash and weigh it on a scale. There is a chart on the product page that will tell you which option to go with based on the sash weight.
A home owner from Worcester, Massachusetts says:
First, one side broke, then movingbthe window around the other side broke. I finally found one window with the stickers at the top (photo) bit can't determine anything else about it. Do you have parts?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20211025_123221805.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20211025_123208083.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

You have a MI vinyl window that uses the 15-180 pivot shoe with the Series 190 coil springs. The coil spring will have a number stamped on it for the spring weight. The other parts are the 15-186 coil spring detent and 15-182 coil spring bushing.

I can't remove the old springs. I'm afraid the plastic will break. How so I get the plastic off at the top and bottom?
Thanks for the help. gh
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230320_135615188.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230320_135610461.jpg
I weighed the twin window and it was 30 lbs. I haven't looked at the video so I apologize for asking the question about how to remove the springs if I still have a problem I'll ask you I just need to order the parts now and I'm not sure which spring to order
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The plastic that covers the spring has to be removed at the same time as the spring. Ideally the entire coil balance assembly comes out as one unit. I would definitely watch the video as a priority, that will show you how we do it step by step.

A 30 pound window is fairly heavy for coil springs, but not unheard of. Assuming that you have two springs per side, you can use one 7 pound and one 8 pound spring for each assembly. Adding those together, that gives you 30 pounds of total support.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.