Replacement Balance

A home owner from Bellevillle, Illinois says:
I need to replace the window balances in 4 windows and they all have the same balances put in them. All of them have issues with the strings snapping for some reason. The stamp reads 2140BS1B.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4149.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4148.JPG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I am confident that we can provide you with a replacement balance, however, to be absolutely sure, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window.

I am specifically looking to see any attachments that may still be in the window channel, possibly connected to the bottom of the sash. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hopefully these will be enough. Thank you for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4155.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4156.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4157.JPG

It looks like you have a custom style version of our Series 770 channel balance which is made with the heavy duty pointed hook, part 62-105. I'll need to get a custom order link made up for you to get the correct balances made however, I would like to confirm a few things before doing so since custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.

Please confirm the length of the metal channel as well as the exact weight of the window. Unfortunately, I am unable to accurately cross-reference the provided stamp.

This hook is compatible with the 15-105 pivot shoe.

View of 15-105 in the Closed Position
View of 15-105 in the Closed Position

It looks like the length of the channel is 22 inches and the weight of the window that it supports is 24 lbs.

Thank you

Thanks for confirming. I've just sent over a link with a quote for (8) of the requested balance. These will have a 22D stamp for sash weighing between 21 to 24lbs.

You may use this link to review the pricing and to place the order from your online cart.

Let me know if you have any questions.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.