Replacement Part for 20 3 DR caldwell

A quick learner from San Jose, CA says:

I am having trouble figuring out what the suitable replacement parts are for some window balances. One has "20 3 DR CALDWELL" stamped on it, and the other has "20 3 CR CALDWELL".

It is 21" long, and 1/2" wide (for a non-tilt window).

Can you please advise on which part I need to order?

A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?
A quick learner says:
Its really hard to tell from the current part - its more like 1-1/16. So perhaps the 1" deep is better suited?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. If it's over an inch, then it's most likely the 1-3/32" shoe. It may just be a little bit worn down.

Please take a look at our S385-21 channel balance with a 2030 stamp option. Does that look about right? Let me know what you think!
A quick learner says:
I'll give it a go - thank you very much for your help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)