Replacement Coil Balance and Pivot Bar

A home owner from NJ says:
I just wanted to make sure I get the right replacement parts for my windows as shown in the attached pictures. Also, I wanted to find out if the 5 LB SERIES 140 QUICK-TILT, SINGLE would work since the measurements seem close enough to the ones I'm replacing. The pivot shoe from my window is about 9/16" thick, about 1 1/4" at the widest part and 1 7/8" high.

Thank you
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your pivot shoe is actually an older version of our 15-180. This uses our Series 190 Coil Springs. At least one of your coil springs is stamped '540', which indicates it is a S190-540. It appears you have two coil springs per side, so that means you would need an S190-540 on each side, as well as a second spring. Look to see if there is a stamp on one of these second springs that indicates which Series 190 spring it is. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Thanks Bob, I believe there is only one coil spring per side and not sure why a clip for two coils were installed. Also just to be sure, do you have the dimensions of the pivot shoe hole where the pivot bar (I think it's called the pivot bar) on the bottom of the window slides into.
The pivot bar on the bottom of my window looks like a "u" and would more likely slide into a pivot shoe that looks more like the 15-046 unit for example.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the older version of the 15-180 has a different cam shape--similar to the 15-046--but the pivot bar we recommend for the 15-180, the 26-040, works a pivot shoe like the 15-046 as well. The 26-040 has a u-shaped body, perhaps similar to what your current pivot bar has. See the pictures below.

pivot bar and shoe 1
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.