Replacement Parts for Estate Windows

A contractor from kilauea, kauai says:
Hi, I'm project manager for an estate remodel in Kilauea, Kauai. The entire property (4 pods and a cottage) have Bonneville windows, from 15 years ago. While in good shape, for the most part, many have broken handles and/or side latches. Do you sell replacement parts for casement and/or awning windows? Please let me know and thanks! Lauren
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9359.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9360.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9371.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Lauren. We sell an absolute ton of parts for casement and awning windows, yes. Looking at your photos, I can partially identify most of what you have here.

Starting with the lock in your first photo, see our 38-098 and 38-097. I believe these are newer versions of what you have now. Note that they may not be compatible with your older keepers, so you should consider the 38-079 modern replacement keeper, too.

For the casement window operator in your second photo, I cannot identify this as-is. In order to help, I will require a clear photo of the operator mechanism out of the window and unobstructed. It's important to see the whole thing in one shot so that I can match up the more specific details.

The same story would usually apply for the awning operator, but you have a lever-type here, which is a fairly specific clue. Odds are it's a match for either our 39-037, 39-069, or 39-070.

thank you for your help with the lock and keeper. Re: the second photo, I need replacement parts for the handle (in photo), which you are referring to as the "operator", is that right? If so, I think I've attached a photo of the operator mechanism out of the window, as requested. This exterior part is also in need of replacement in a number of the windows, so part ID for the handle/operator and the mechanism will be greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0453.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks! I see now that this is, indeed, an awning window operator, not casement. Sorry for the confusion before.

This looks like a dead ringer for our 39-239B. I am confident this is what you want. We also sell the 39-375 cover/handle combo, as requested, and the 39-536 guide if you cannot reuse your originals

Hi, thanks for your help with handles, sash locks and latches. Those were all perfect. Now, I need to know what part to buy to replace the metal "arms" that are rusted/broken in an awning window. Do I need to buy the whole "awning window lever operator"? If so, which one? The distance from the end of the arms (where it attaches to the window) to the bend/joint is about 5 1/4". Fully extended the distance from the end of the arms (attached to window) to the edge of the lever is about 13". Thank you for your help. Lauren
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 4.12.25 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 4.12.36 PM.png
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, you will need an all new operator. Those arms are part of the operator assembly and not something you can get separately.

As for which one to pick, the three options we have are the 39-037, 39-069, and 39-070. You want to measure from "elbow to elbow," assuming the arms are closed. Review the diagram we show on each of these operators' store page to see what I mean. You can just refer to those diagrams to make your pick.

All the replacement parts have been working great so far! We have 3 windows, though, with different hardware/awning or casement operator. Are you able to identify what operator might work for these windows?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 10.27.38 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 10.27.53 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 10.28.18 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 10.28.34 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 10.27.28 AM.png
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, I'm glad to hear the awning operators have been working!

As for these new parts, that looks like it would be either the 39-253RB or 39-439B, depending on the style of the guide at the end of the arm. The video below will go into more detail as to what I mean. Whichever one you go with, the cover and handle would both be replaced by our 39-452.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.