Replacement Pivot Bar, Coil Balance & Coil Balance Shoe

A handy person from Euclid Ohio says:

I'm not sure which Pivot Bar to use.

The Bar for my window was broken on both sides at the weakest point, the screw hole. I didn't think to actually measure anything with a digital caliper until after I put what remained of the pivot bar back to at least have a window in place. I did take a picture for identification of the part and subsequently measured what I could. I then used the dial caliper set to 1.25" and adjusted the picture on my phone to match the 1.25" piece broken off the end. Now that my picture was scaled to the true size of the part I measured the remainder of the Pivot Bar inside the window.

This gave me the following dimensions:

Overall length: 2 11/16"

Pivot to Hole: 1 5/16"

Shaft Width: 5/16"

Shaft Height: 3/16"

Collar Diam: 13/32"

It seems that the 26-352 might be the closest match followed by the 26-030 that looks like it might be designed as a "universal" replacement because of the slotted holes. I'm a bit wary of the 26-030 due to it's lower mechanical integrity as a result of the slots. But I believe that would have enough leeway to make sure it wouldn't be too wide.

As far as the Coil Balance and the Coil Balance Shoe it looks like the best matches are the:

COIL BALANCE SHOE, SLATE BLUE

Product Code: 15-177.

8 LB SERIES 152 COIL BALANCE

Product Code: S152-8.

I would appreciate your expertise in this situation

Thank you,

Albert 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200327_211754.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200327_212331.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200327_212150.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200327_163509_capture.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Albert. You have done your homework. I agree with all of your recommendations of replacement coil balance shoe, 15-177 and coil spring, S152-8. Now comes the pivot shoe. We do not carry a pivot bar with a 1-1/4" hole placement. But, I do think our 26-226 is a good option. Have a look, review our measurements listed, and let us know what you think.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.