Replacement Window Banances - Republic Windows - Enhancement Window Syatem

A quick learner from LA says:
need replacement balances for a window from Republic Windows that is out of business. Photos are attached. The balance is stamped 26G. Photos are attached. The balances have been replaced before. The window is 45 inches wide, 29 inches high and weighs 31.5 lbs. The is 27 inches above the window. I'm not sure the original balances are right for this window. The top clips on the balance bend and break. The bottom anchor and pulley mounts also break. Do you have a replacement that would work and hold together? What would the cost of a pair be?
Looking at the weight range of the 26G balance, it looks like it is too strong for a 31.5 lb window. Also, the maximum travel of the window is 23 inches which is pretty close to the range limit of the 26G balance. This window was always difficult to lock. There is a pre-drilled hole above the upper clip slot that can be used to mount your series 770 balance. Using it would mount the new balance 1-11/16" higher that the old balance. This puts it beyond the travel range of the 26G so I think the 28E or 28F balance would be more appropriate. Does the series 770 balance come with the 15-043 clip attached or does it have to be ordered separately?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience during this busy season. Your balance will need to be custom made with a 26F option and a rivet at the top so you can install it with a hook, rather than a screw. Before we continue, can you tell me how many you need?
I only need two at this time. I also need them with the 15-043 clips installed and two 19-029 1" S-hooks. I was concerned that the 26" balance was pretty close to its limit. It actually extends about 27" when the window is closed.

If this works out, I have two windows that weigh 23lbs using 20F balances that extend about 23". One has a split shoe (15-129 I think). I would like to replace these with the proper balance since they are very difficult to close also.

Since no one will correspond with me I will soon do this on my own. I will order from Swisco because you take PayPal and you list prices. Other sellers do not or their products are difficult to identify. I plan to order 2:S770-27 Balances, 4:19-029 S-Hooks, 6:62-005 Rivets. Discussions on this balance indicate that the 15-043 bottom clip is already attached.
Profile picture of Tom
I apologize for the long wait. Spring is an incredibly busy time for us, as everyone is opening their windows, and it takes some time for us to get through every inquiry we receive. We receive upwards to 100+ questions a day, each requiring the same level of research and attention. We do our best to answer as fast as we can, but every year gets busier and there are only so many of us.

My only concern with your balance is you saying that your current balances never worked right. I don't want to custom make a balance for you only for it to break after you install it. However, without having the original balances on hand, we can't really be sure what would be best. You could check to see if you have an identical window in the house that still has its old hardware, that would be a good reference. Another solution would be to mount the 26" long balance a little lower. I hesitate having you get a 27" long balance since that may not work right, either. These are delicate systems and it's important you only get exactly what you need. Any variation could cause multiple complications.

I will email you a custom order form for a 27" long balance and a 26" long balance, rated for your 31.5 pound sash. These will include a price quote.
The total window opening is 56". The 26" balance mounts about 2" from the top placing the bottom at almost dead center. That extends the balance almost 28" when the window is closed. I have a good 26G balance that I bench extended as much as I can. I can barely extend it 28". The 27" balance would end approximately 1" below center and would only have to extend about 27". Since the window has only 23" of travel I see no reason the 27" balance would not work.
Profile picture of Tom
That makes sense to me. Another option would be to mount a 26" balance an inch lower, but like you said, a 27" balance would pretty much do the same.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.