Replacement Window Channel - Non-Tilt

A handy person from Melbourne Florida says:
The channel length is 29" (Not including end caps), width is 9/16"...and channel depth is 1/2"
This is a large window....roughly 50" wide.
Markings are 28F.
It appears to have a 19-023 top and a 15-077 bottom...but your "wings" look wider than mine. On mine...total width of end pieces at wings is 15/16".
See attached pics....and let me know
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0102.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0103.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0104.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0105.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0107.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I am actually not certain if this is just one of our stock S380-29 or S385-29 Channel Balances. The top is our 19-005. The bottom might just be the shoe either of these balances use; it comes down the shoe's depth, or the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. Compare to the image below and see if your balance's shoe matches either. If so, for a stamp option you might need 2860, which will support a window sash in the weight range of 32 through 35 pounds. Measure the exact weight of your sash to confirm if you are uncertain. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Thank you....

My measurements are coming in just shy of 15/16ths ( measures .925 inches).

We could say there was some wear...but I don't think it would have worn a 1/16th plus...do you?

If the 15-005 is the closest you have... I will take it and address any fit issues here.

On the weight....I only had a bathroom scale (digital) and it weighed in at 35.5 lbs...so I think spot-on with the 2860.

Also... 2860 seems to correlate to the 28F stamp I have on mine.... as "F" is the 6th letter in the alphabet.

So...what number do I need to order (is it in stock?)...and what is the cost (x2 of course)?

Thanks so much for your help.

Kevin

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Kevin. If the shoe was exactly 7/8" deep, then I'd suspect you'd need balances with the 15-029 Shoe attached. None of our stock items have this shoe, but we can supply it for you via custom order. If the shoe's depth is greater than that however, just less than 1", then I still think wear is the main culprit--I agree, 1/16" is a lot but it's not totally out of the question if the balances are, say, ten years old or more. Note that you could also sand down the 'heel' of the shoes to make them slightly less deep; but please be aware any modified items cannot be returned for refunds. 

You are correct that your stamp of 28F correlates with our 2860; that's exactly how I deduced it. All balances can be purchased right through our online store. You can go tot he S380-29 Shop Page, then click 2860 for the stamp. Then click "Add to Cart". Be sure to set the quantity you need. Let me know if you have further questions, or if you decide the custom option route with the 7/8" deep shoe is the way to go.

Thank you for all your help.
I placed the order....and if needed, will shave them down a tad.

Greatly appreciated!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.