Replacement Window Lifters

A quick learner from South Jersey says:
sent 3 pictures but will send more in a separate email. lifter/ balancer/lifter 17" X 1/2" round. 1 is red tip 1 is blue? Spiral mechanized. note small snap in aluminum block appears to hold base of shown lifter against bottom of window, maybe to eliminate inserting a screw??

Question do I need to load spring by turning with a tool before completing job?

Window all aluminum single Payne glass. width of window about 35" and height is about 36"

Used your company all the time for walk in business & miss the one & one contact.
Spiral balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, our 75-005 charging tool would make it easier to charge and install the bottom bow-tie of the spiral into your 15-040 balance attachment.

The balance you need is our S500-17, and it comes with a red or blue tip. Replace the old balances with balances that use the same color. The 17-055 metal carrier clip slides so that you can get to the spiral balance and balance attachment.

And thank you for the comment on the store. We do miss the personal one-on-one contact!
A quick learner from Key West Fl says:
17-055 is confusing me? I have only one of these in the two windows I am attempt to replace the balancer's. I can not be sure what there function is. My best guess is they prevent the balancer's if they somehow unload not to fall to the bottom of the window? Please respond.

I am about to make my order but will wait you reply. Ken 856-579-7474
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You are correct: the 17-055 acts as a lock, to prevent the 15-040 balance attachment from falling below the sash.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.