Replacement balance & sash caps

A quick learner from Dover Centre, Ontario, Canada says:

We have a few vinyl replacement window that we're sold by Ducana who've ceased operations likely 10+ years ago. The channel balances look like a common part to replace. The one picture with the bottom of the. 2430 (upside down J, then an E, I believe. There's a picture of both ends of the balance. The metal channel is 25" long & the channel is 9/16" wide OD.

These windows are 32 years old, but none of the sealed glass units have broken seals. I believe our windows were built based on a US design. They do NOT tilt out to remove.

Some of our top sash caps are breaking & preventing the sash to be assisted by its balance on that side. I do not see a matching cap in your parts catalog by the dimensions you provide. Is it possible to get the sash caps that would match my broken sash cap? Our dimensions are: 1 5/16" long X 1 1/16" wide by approx 1 1/2-1 3/4" deep. The center "plug" that sticks down appears to be 5/8" wide with some ribs sticking out to approx. 11/16" wide.

We are interested in the price for 6 balances & 6 sash caps that would fit our windows. Our postal code is N0P 1L0

Thank you Stephen & Louisa 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E0BA8ED4-88F0-4A15-9E1F-9E6648A8E9D1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6AF91D37-A6F4-4D45-BFFB-A790F1727618.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 07B9C8E8-C08A-48E1-849B-27641600CF8F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6E03D8F8-8359-4EDB-81D6-0EA968C4CDA0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 259BDC97-F4AA-4D1C-A43B-D7ABED91C291.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

From your photos and dimensions, it looks like you have a Fiberlux side load window. Please compare the dimensions of our 18-073 top sash guide to one of yours. The balance should be the S350-25 that comes attached with the 19-002 top fitting and 15-004 bottom fitting. Please compare. You'll also need to select the 2430 stamp option. Take a look, along with the related videos on this page, to see what you think. 

A quick learner from Dover Centre, Ontario, Canada says:
Thank you for your help. I've placed my order, for more parts that will revitalize our windows.
Steve
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.