Dimensions of the 15-046 pivot bar opening

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
I have sized my current (broken) pivot shoes to match the above pivot shoe (15-046), although the style is very different. My question is will these shoes fit most windows? Are the notched openings in the bottom a standard size?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
There is not standard replacement pivot shoe that will be able to replace pivot shoes on most windows. You will need to match up the measurements of your pivot shoe to the 15-046 pivot shoe product picture. Here is a more detailed image with dimensions of the pivot bar slot.
Detailed image of the pivot bar slot of the 15-046 pivot shoe.
Detailed image of the pivot bar slot of the 15-046 pivot shoe.
A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
Perfect reply! That was exactly the information I needed, and it appears that this shoe will work with our windows. Now for the work.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.