Balances for Solaris double hung tilt-in window

A home owner from Michigan, USA says:

After looking at your website, reading posts, and watching some of your videos, I am looking for help in ordering the correct replacement channel balances for my Solaris double hung tilt-in window.

Please see the attached photos of the top, bottom, and stamp on the unit.

The balance measures 26 inches from top to bottom and is 9/16 inch wide. Cam you please make a recommendation for the correct replacement part? Will your product code S770-26 with option 26D work for my window?

Thank you for sharing all of your helpful posts and videos!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220710_195340710 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220710_195325404 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220710_195527584 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that your balance resembles our S770-26 channel balance but your stamp code and length do not correlate the way that our assembly does. For that reason, I would recommend weighing your window sash to confirm that it falls within the 22 to 26 lbs weight range supported but the 26D strength option. Thanks for posting! 

A home owner from Michigan says:
Hello Casey,
I weighed my window sash, as you recommended.
It weighed 25 pounds, so I selected the 26D option.
I received the replacement balances and installed them yesterday.
My window now stays open, as it should.
Thank you for answering my questions and for advising me to weigh the sash.
I will recommend your company to anyone who wishes to make their own window repairs.
Keep up the good work!

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us with the good news that your windows are now fully functional. We are happy to help and please let us know if you need anything else. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.