Replacement channel balance

A quick learner from MD says:

Hello,

I need to replace one of the channel balances in a window in my home. Looking at the photos in this post (https://www.swisco.com/discussions/Window-Parts-for-NV-Homes-Div-of-Ryan-tilt-out-window-77-137083) I think we have the same home builder and similar windows and I need similar parts. However, I need a 28C balance. 

I believe the shoe width is 1" as best as I can tell by measuring and by comparison to the images in the previously mentioned post. I also need a hook for the upper attachment rather than the screw in anchor. 

As best as I can tell, I need the 28" 795 balance, 15-194 balance shoe with the green puck, and the 15-198 clip. I know the pictures aren't great (that balance works and I'm not sure how to remove it easily and the one I am replacing is missing), but hopefully I'm identifying things correctly. I didn't want to order them all separately as I didn't know if I would be able to change out the clip for the hook easily. 

Is this something I could get made this way or is it possible I could change out the clip for the hook? Also, how long would it take to receive such a custom part if that was needed?Thank you for your help!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8764.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8765.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8766.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thank you very much for the succinct and detailed post. This is a huge help for us. You pretty much already did most of the work for me!

We can absolutely supply this balance exactly as you've described. It will have to be a custom order, but we have everything in stock so delivery time will depend simply on what you select during checkout, since we have a few shipping options.

The only question now is quantity. Custom orders require a pre-set quantity before we set them out. You mentioned in your post that you only need one of these balances, but we usually recommend replacing both sides at the same time. I'll email you an order link for 1 and then a second order link for 2, and you can decide from there what you want to use.

If you wanted a different quantity, please let me know right here in this post and I'll be happy to set it to whatever you require. Otherwise, thank you very much for reaching out to us and considering us for your business!

A quick learner from MD says:
Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your quick reply and your help. I got the balances and they fit perfectly! Since I've never done this before, I also ordered 2 of the larger shoes just in case I somehow measured wrong, but it seems my windows do actually have the same channel as the other post I mentioned and I didn't even need them. I didn't know there was such a thing as a window hardware company prior to now, but I'm glad I found your company and I'll be back again should I ever need more parts in the future!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's great news! I'm really happy to hear everything worked. We really appreciate you placing an order with us, too, it means a lot to everyone here. If you ever need anything else, please feel free to ask! 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.