Replacement for tilt vinyl windows

A quick learner from NW Indiana says:
I need to replace the spiral balances, pivot lock shoes, rectangular window tabs (I don't know the actual part name and function) on five top tilt windows and one window latch. The window brand is unknown.

The spiral balance appears to be standard and 15 inches in length.

I'm having trouble determing the proper pivot lock shoe. The ones currently in the windows are 2 1/8 h x 1 1/2 w and the depth appears to 9/16. The photo of the broken pivot shoe shows it was slightly curved so it may not have been the precise size. The pivot shoe also has a channel to navigate the window bar (?) through. I couldn't find a similar pivot shoe with this channel for a spiral balance, so I really need your expertise on this.

I don't really know the function of the rectangular tabs on the window. The tabs are 3/8 w x 1 1/8 h and the openings are 3/16 x 1. The window latch is 3 1/8 w x 1 3/8 x 3/8 d.

Thank you for your help in identifying these parts.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. For the spiral balances, can you tell me the diameter of the tube? That will help us find the appropriate Series. It should either be our 3/8", which is our Series 900 spiral balance, or 5/8", which is our Series 600 balance. The Series 600 may also be 9/16".

For the pivot shoe, can you confirm the width? I can't find anything in that style with a 1-1/2" width. It may be easier for you to measure it if you were to remove it from the jamb.

The rectangular tab looks like it's a vent lock. These limit how far the window can open. Can I see a few pictures of it popped out?

Finally, for the tilt latch, can you give me the distance between the screw holes, center-to-center?
Thanks for help on these items Tom. The diameter on the spiral balance is 5/8. I measured the broken pivot shoe that I had taken a photo of and that measured 1 3/8. I attached a photo of the vent lock opened and the tilt latch measures 2 inches center to center
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for the information. For the vent lock, you should check out our 26-338 and see how this compares to your hardware. You may also want to consider our 26-106 or 26-107.

For the tilt latch, our 26-337 or 26-344 might be worth looking at, but I'm not sure. The style is different from yours. I recommend that you carefully compare the dimensions we show for each latch to your own and see if they differ in any way.

I'm afraid I could not find any pivot shoe that matches that width and style, either. I don't think you're getting an accurate measurement. I highly recommend that you remove the undamaged shoe from the window and measure it then. That will give you the most accurate measurement. Check out the video below to see how you can take it out of the jamb.
Hi Tom: Removed the pivot shoe and included three images of it. The dimensions are 1 1/4" width, 1/2" depth and 1 7/8" height at the sides and 2 1/16 at the top of the slight curve. The patent number from what I could read on it is 4610.108.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thank you. With these dimensions in mind, I think you should consider our 15-046 pivot shoe. Let me know what you think.
That looks like it will work. Thanks for your help on all of the parts Tom!
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install vinyl window vent locks
How to install vinyl window vent locks
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.