Replacement hardware and cover for 2 caradco casement windows

A home owner from Pittsboro, NC says:
I had a local lumber shop repair 2 windows. They lost some of the hardware I took in and said some of the other parts were unusable so basically I need everything to connect these 2 windows to their sashes. Some of the numbers I can make out on the similar but reverse orientation window are 20755 and perhaps 8037.

Can you help me get the necessary parts to reattach these windows as well as the dark brown/ (blackish?) outside covers to attach to them?

The windows are of different sizes and I can measure them exactly if needed but I used a yardstick in the photos to give scale
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E26C89A3-391C-4704-8BF4-850CB3DCA817.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 955974CA-82BD-4124-8647-B9CFECAD84CD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E8621287-A589-4AF4-9449-BE0335842BEA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E8947ECA-2E63-4671-9158-EE8B3D2E6F7A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C361AE91-C2D9-47B5-BE10-4D43F36278AD.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare your hinges to the 36-048. As for the operators, you can start by reviewing the Caradco and EntryGard replacements we've related on this page. The length of the shorter link arm is key to determining the correct replacement. Once you've determined the correct match, there is a list of related items shown on the operator product pages that shows the compatible accessories. Thank you. 

Dimensions for 39-032
Dimensions for 39-032

Dimensions for 39-156
Dimensions for 39-156

Ok, will check this out thanks

In the meantime is it possible to get the replacement "covering" for both windows as shown in the bottom left of the table with the yellow table cloth in the first photo above?

Of course I'll need to measure the windows accurately to get the right sizes

Thank you
Jack
Profile picture of Casey

Could you specify where the cover installs? If it is part of the window frame, unfortunately, that is not something that we would be able to supply. 

Yes, it is an outside part of the window frame

Do you know where I might be able to get it?
Profile picture of Casey

In that case, your best bet would be to contact Caradco directly. 

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I misplaced the documents and could not find this link for a while. I just checked both windows that need new hardware and both seem to have the 36-048 operator. I've attached a few photos with details

The shorter link is the 3 13/16" size

To be safe I'd like to order two sets of all the hardware needed to operate these windows

One window opens to the left and the other window opens to the right

Can you help me with this? Is there anything else I should be thinking about?

Many thanks!
Jack

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageSAAwBn.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage0bfHGY.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageA1kZxu.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageWRYajV.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageInDWpU.gif
Profile picture of Casey

I agree that your casement hinge resembles our 36-048. They come with a hinge for the top and bottom of the sash, which can be sure on left or right-opening windows.

Based on your 3-13/16" arm measurements, see the 39-155 and 39-156 Caradco operators. 

Unfortunately, we can't process orders through this discussion board but you are welcome to order them directly on our website. 

Ok, thank you so much and I understand that I cannot buy them directly from you on this site. But I want to make sure that I get all the hardware including mounting brackets, screws etc. because the window was so rotten it was falling apart when I took it to the shop and I'm not sure that I still have all the old pieces to match what I need to get to reinstall the windows.

Are all these pieces shown in the pictures on the pages linked to the active links for the 39-155 and 39-156 Caradco operators?
Profile picture of Casey

Yes, the parts used with these operators are shown under the related items' sections of the operator product pages. We also offer brackets such as the 39-516 and 39-517 for the shorter operator link arm that resembles yours but you'll need to compare the specifications to the originals. If there are any other parts that you need, we will need to see photos of each piece of hardware to research your replacement options. 

Thank you - I'll order them
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.