A quick learner says:

Please let me know which part/s I need to order

Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9CB7720F-4702-4826-89FD-31E57FB50D3C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F86E6EDC-9671-4F9E-8823-C1A90F73FF57.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We can't say with certainty what replacement hardware you need without seeing an undamaged lock and knowing the dimensions of your hardware, such as the distance between the mounting holes, but I have a strong suspicion that you may need one of the two styles of locks that we associated for you. Either our 38-097 and 38-098 EntryGard locks and a new 38-079 keeper or the non-handed 38-144 lock with new 38-276 or 38-277 keeper, depending on which side of the window your working on. 

I'd recommend comparing the dimensions and style of these replacement options to an undamaged lock to see if one of these could work for you. If you're still having trouble, feel free to send us a picture of an undamaged lock with dimensions as shown on our product pages and we'd be happy to try to narrow down your options further. Thank you!

A quick learner says:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me. I attached a photo of undamaged lock.

I think I need 38-097 because it is located on the left side of the window...is that correct? Yes, the dimensions are the same.

I guess I need a 38-079 keeper then, but I don't know what that is?

Thanks...and you are an excellent at explaining things:-)

Laura

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3406.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Laura.

I agree with your assumption that the 38-097 lock and 38-079 keeper will be the correct parts as long as the dimensions line up. To shed a little light on the situation, the keeper is the part that the lock hooks into to keep the window from opening. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.