Replacement of broken shoes for double hung (bottom window) with spiral balanced

A home owner from Pittsburgh,PA says:
This is a small bathroom metal window. Both shoes need to be replaced. The bar that fits into the shoe doesn?t have a screw attaching it to the bottom window. so I need the screw. The screw has a square tool fitting in its head. There is a piece of metal in the picture that I don?t know it?s purpose. The right hand shoe is still in the window, but the little wheel that holds the bar attached to the window has come out. I?ll also need the spiral tensioning tool. I?ve just moved into this house so I have no experience with this type of window but it doesn?t look complicated. I saw on one of your you tube videos how to cut a vinyl window to fit the shoe into its slot. I haven?t pulled apart this window enough to see if has easy access for a replacement shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for posting! 

Your pivot shoe is no longer made and has been replaced with our 15-015 pivot shoe. We recommend a new 26-040 pivot bar, because the set screw, our 33-096, might not lock in your old pivot pin because the hole might be stripped. The small metal piece might have come from the old broken pivot shoe. The charging tool is you referenced is our 75-006.

Get back to us if you have any questions. 

A home owner from Pittsburgh,PA says:

Hi, I've put both shoes in and attached the left side. I just noticed that the right balance has one of its attachment pins missing. Also the stops cracked coming out the frame. I'd like to replace the balance and stops. The balance is 17 inches long and has a white tip. I think this is a reliabilt 3900 series double hung window. 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6B64BF3C-7CE2-4169-843C-63866D9D3FC6.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't sell the window stops, but we can replace that balance. Just eyeballing it, it looks like it might have a 3/8" diameter tube. Can you confirm? If so, I recommend our Series 900 spiral balance.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.