Replacement of channel balances?

A quick learner from Kerhonkson, NY says:
Hello -

I have attached two images of a channel balance that I need to replace. I believe that the portion holding one end of the spring snapped. This has occurred on two windows, so I'll need 2.

I'm not sure if the channel balance assembly includes the bottom sash inserts or not--mine are still holding the window in and seem functional.

If you need measurements of the window, the channel width, or the length of the balance I can send measurements. The only markings are visible on one of the photos.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5691.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5690.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Are there any attachments that belong to this balance, perhaps still in the window track? We'll need to see a picture of that removed from the window in order to determine a match. 

Thank you!

There is--it is holding the window in the window track. I'll get someone to help me remove the window, take out the attachment, photograph it, and then put it back in. Thanks for the quick reply, it might take me a couple of days to get the help. It had occurred to me that this piece might have once been attached to the balance--thanks for asking.
Profile picture of Emily

Sounds good. I'll be here to help whenever you can get that for me! 

Hello - here are three images of the balance attachments. Now that I look at them I'm not sure how to reattach them to the broken part--perhaps they should be permanently attached. Anyway, the part "works" in that it holds the window in when tilted, but I'm not sure if it is meant to be attached to the balance. Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5706.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5705.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5704.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Perfect, thank you very much! This part is called a T-lock shoe and is meant to be attached to your balance. Yours resembles our 15-194 but I recommend comparing our dimensions with yours to confirm this matches up.

Your balance is our S795-30 but with a 15-198 hook attached on top rather than a screw clip. This configuration isn't a stock item of ours but we can still help via custom order. With that said, I'm going to email you (2) S795-30 balances with the 30B stamp and 15-198 hook attached. If you'd like to make any changes, let me know right here on this page and I'd be happy to do so. 

One last thing to note: the custom balance will not come with a 15-194 closed cam shoe. You will need to purchase that separately and attach it once you receive them. They just pop on and off, it's very easy. See the video below.

Thanks! I'll place the order and order the T-Locks--they are inexpensive and appear the same.
Profile picture of Emily

Great! We appreciate your business. If you need anything else just let me know!

Hello -

I received the items (thank you!) Everything was perfect, thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Emily

Hello again! That's great to hear and it was my pleasure. If you have any future hardware questions, you know where to find us!

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.