Replacement parts double hung alum frame tilt-out windows

A handy person from New York City says:
I would like to ask you (1) to please identify the window manufacturer of the frame shown in the photo. (2) I need to order pivot shoes and spiral balances for several of these windows and I think the S600-37 black tip spiral balance is right for my windows and the 15-046 shoe looks like my current tilt shoe.
If all that appears right to you, (3) I then have the challenge of removing the shoe in an aluminum frame with the frame having a cut-out only on the inside-facing side of the track. I don't want to cut to another side and I am hoping you might agree that I have a shot of using the jamb spreaders since I only have to achieve half the distance (as opposed to no cut-outs).
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We believe you have the old Traco old Series TR-5000 commercial double hung windows. That said, the replacement hardware parts you suggested (S600-27 spiral balance with black tip and 15-046 pivot shoe) using as replacements, we feel should work for you as well. I do want to let you know it is difficult to remove the pivot shoe from their cut out. Try the best you can. We do not feel the jamb spreader tool would work for you in this case because your window is a heavy aluminum extruded window frame. That tool is only primarily used for vinyl windows. You should also consider our 75-006 charging tool to help charge the balance as well as attaching the spiral to the pivot shoe. If you should need any further insight, see if our media guides on this page can provide you with some additional answers. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.