Replacement sliding/patio door hardware

A landlord from Iowa says:
I am working blind to replace sliding patio door hardware. The original hardware is gone and the holes have been filled. A cheap gate handle was added temporarily. The door is from the 1970s/1980s. The screen is on the inside so it makes me believe it is Pella. Stamp on the glass says PPG Herculite and tempered but you cannot read anything else. The hardware must be a surface mount to match up with the hook plate (pictured) and there is no mortise within the door itself. I am very handy and will have no problem adding new holes. Exterior keyed lock is preferred but anything surface mount to properly connect with the existing hook plate is all I really need. Product code 82-261 appears to be close but cannot tell hook and post connection. Would prefer black hardware. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200912_113021.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200826_195948.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If color is important, you could use our 82-005 surface mount set. This is black, but it doesn't come with a key lock; you would need to purchase the 82-310 separately, which is compatible.

As for getting the hooks to match the slots in your door, I don't think you're going to have a lot of luck with that. You will likely need to utilize whatever keeper comes with the handle set you end up selecting. If this door is Pella, like you suspect, then no generic part is going to match up with that slot. Pella parts are just too weirdly specific.

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.