Replacement spring balances

A handy person from St Louis says:
Not sure what you call those, but I need to replace. Pictures give you an idea what I'm looking at. Can't figure out how to remove from trac. Any ideas?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F3E0B12D-72F9-4DF4-9AB4-23F1D7EF02D8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 118D8CF3-FDCB-4767-BC89-C3F863A50636.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 062740A4-F78D-4252-87F5-CA9527B4EC8F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9F760E5D-7BA5-4CC0-AC3E-12263E27D3FE.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your post. For a replacement coil spring system, it seems you will need our 15-087 pivot shoe, 15-086 tandem coil housing, and 16-024 mounting bracket. This system can be used with the Series 180 coil spring. Your coil should have some sort of stamping or marking on it. You will need that to determine the spring strength needed for the coil. If there is no such stamping, you will need to come back to us with the exact weight of your sash. I am also going to place a couple of videos below showing the different methods on how to remove the system out of the window. 

Lastly for your tilt latches, have a look at our inventory of latches we offer on our website here. See if any of our parts are a match for yours. 

Took one out and is posted below. Took picture of the stamp.Looks like 516x. Also one sash is about 18" wide by 24" high. Has the same balance system but only one spring by the shoe.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4EFE0481-5983-475B-97CD-7DF8A1321FA7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2CD81726-1753-4A30-B37C-C2A0B9D4FB83.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for getting back to us with your photos. I am afraid your stamping of "516x" does not correspond to which weight option you need for the Series 180. Please get back to us with the exact weight of your sash. This will be the only way to determine which spring strength you will need for your window. As far as the rest of spring system you have, all the other pieces I previously recommended look to be compatible with yours. Have another look at each piece and see what you think. 

Profile picture of Casey

For the window with the 19.4 sash weight, you can go with two of the S180-5 on each side of the window. As for the window with the 11 lb. sash weight, you should be good with one of the S180-6 on each side of the window. Have a look and let us know if you have any further questions. 

The large sash weighs 19.4# and the small sash weighs 11#
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.