Replacement window crank

A handy person from Mokena Illinois says:
I am looking to replace some window cranks with newer style cranks that have the handle fold in the operator out of the way for window treatments. I have already tried different folding handles and wing style handles but they still stick out to far. Hoping I can find something that can fold in closer to the window. I have seen newer windows with these style cranks but I don't want to replace the windows yet. I don't know the manufacturer of the windows but the removed crank says Wright and 07900 on it. Any help is appreciated.
Steve
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5554B4DF-4E10-41CF-A561-44BC4C520C8B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 46959044-D315-465F-ACE5-CBEC17AA5B89.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 30F1D909-85C3-4AB9-B94A-CA91D435EBDE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 07EC8CB5-F2CB-4CA3-8A40-E1BEE9B94EF6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EE5FB685-52C9-4DB1-B19E-C793ED8253EA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks like an older version of our 39-387 and 39-388. This has often been used on Wright brand windows. Look over our measurements and let me know if they compare. 

As for the folding handle, I'm afraid you don't have many options. Most window manufacturers don't consider future installation of window treatments when they design their hardware. It's not a priority for them. I can tell you in this instance that there is no version of your operator, new or old, that has a nesting handle that would give you the clearance you need.

This is an issue that crops up a lot, but the only solution is to install the new treatments in such a way that they can avoid the casement operator handle. I'm sorry that we cannot give you an easier solution.

A handy person from Mokena Illinois says:
Thank you for your response. I guess I will try one more folding handle then, your 39-205. Can you tell from my pics if clay is the correct color? If I order them and they don't match are they returnable?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

In your photos they do look clay, but I can't be a 100% certain. It's tough to tell color finishes from photos, since lighting is a factor. 

You can review our full return policy here.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.