Replacing a coil and pivot shoe

A handy person from Pennsylvania says:
I am attempting to repair a window with coil that snapped. The window parts came from B.F Rich, which I believe is out of business. I was looking at the S140 on your site, but I'm not sure if that is the right part for me. Also, I don't know what weight I need. I looked all over the parts that I removed from the window, but I don't see anything that lists a weight.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_coil.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_coil_pivot_shoe.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_coil_cover.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windows_complete_set.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I wouldn't recommend the S140 as a replacement in this case. Our 15-228 pivot shoe looks like a good match for yours, which could work with either our 3/8" wide S165 or 1/2" S160 coils. Measure the width of your coil and see the related items on our product page for any additional hardware you might need. Thank you!

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Yep, exactly! The "6.5" stamp corresponds with the weight of your window and the strength of the coil.

A handy person from Pennsylvania says:
Thank you Casey! That replacement part looks identical to mine! I do have a follow up question. In the picture of the coil that I linked, you'll see the only markings I could find. Does the #6.5 on the coil indicate 6.5lbs?
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.