Replacing screen clips with another type

A handy person from Branford ct says:
Can I replace the Silverline screen turn clip which I believe is what I have with the arcadia? The plastic ones keep breaking
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I am sorry, I am little confused by your question. Are you asking if you can replace your existing 70-211 SilverLine screen clips with another type? Or are you asking if you can replace your existing screen clips with the 70-211 SilverLine screen clip?

If possible, please submit a quick picture of your current screen clip so that we can see exactly what you have.
A quick learner from br says:
replacing my silverline screen clips with the Arcadia (metal) clip since they seem like they would be more secure.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I just looked through our online catalog and I cannot find a metal Arcadia clip. We have a plastic Arcadia clip part number 70-085, is this the clip you are referring to? If not, please respond with the part number of the clip you would like to use.
A quick learner says:
Sorry about that, didn't realize they were plastic, they look like metal. Do you have anything in metal that would work?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The Swisco 70-211 Screen Turn Clip is the only clip that will work with Silverline screens. I've tried to use other types, but only the 70-211 has worked for me.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at