Replacing spiral Balance in Aluminum single hung Window

A home owner from Florida says:
Total window is 36x 36 (2 panes) late building built in 1972. no markings or labels but from previous pics could be ALENCO.

need to replace balances, but first need to get sash out to access balance.

How do I do that, ie. do I let go top and bottom of balance on both side first to remove sash.

Thank you for your help.

RB
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, RB, thanks for posting. I'd be happy to help you with this issue. Before I can give any instructions on the proper process for removing your spiral balances, I'll first need to know what type of windows you have. Are they tilt, or non-tilt? If they're non-tilt, could you take some pictures of them for us to look at? If they're tilt, take a look at our tutorial video below.
A home owner from Florida says:
Window is simple single hung aluminum non-tilting. My first task is just getting the bottom sash out to access the balances. How do I do this , please advise. Total window is approx. 36" X 36" -2 panes.
Thanks for your help.
RB
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! I think you may have something similar to our Series 500 spiral balance. You may also want to look at our 15-017 shoe. However, this sash is not removable, so you'll have to replace this hardware around it.

You will want someone to hold the sash up while you slide the bottom bracket over to reach the balance. Then, using our 75-005 tool, you will disengage the spiral from the 15-017 shoe. You may want to see our handy guide on how to adjust a non-tilt window spiral balance for more information.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.