Replacment Part Check

A handy person from PA says:
Hello! Please see attached the current crossbow balances of my windows. I have several that are broken and need replacing. A few questions to make sure I have the right parts. The window stickers say Series: twinseal double hung and part numbers include H-R15-46x77, H-R25-46x65, H-R25-42x77.

Each sash weights 20lbs. the bottom balance is approx 30.5 long and the upper balance is approx 28.5 long. also included are the sash pivots.

Would I replace with series 795 channel balance?
also would need 26-200 screw plugs?
15-195 shoes for balance? current ones are 1.25 wide?
alos 26-366 pivot bars? my bottom sash pivot bar is longer than upper sash? can the same replacement bar be used?

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_67226625.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_67206657.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_67194625.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_67159297.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! You are correct: as long as your spring is 1/2" in diameter, then our Series 795 will work perfectly well as a replacement. We actually have a video on this exact project, which you will see below. This will answer all of your questions, but please let me know if you had any follow-ups.

The only thing the video doesn't directly address is an issue I've personally experienced with the new pivot bar: sometimes the front tip won't be long enough to meet the shoe. In those cases you will need to drill a new mounting hole and set it a little further forward. Just something to keep in mind.

A handy person from PA says:
Thanks for the reply! just to confirm I would order 30" and 28" balances to be used. I did reference the video and found it very helpful! Thanks for the added tip!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're welcome! I'm glad the video helped. In answer to your question about length, you would want the 30" and 28" balance, yes. The rule of thumb for these is to round down.

Thanks for considering us for your business and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.