Request verification my balance is a series 795

A home owner from College Grove, Tennessee says:

My block and tackle balance is 28 inches long and stamped 28B but the top end has a 1/4" wide hook attached to the string. The hook engages a 9/32" hole near the top of the window channel.

>> Do you have a model with a hook or do I untie my hook and use it?

My "pivot bar" also looks different from 26-021 shown on your site.

>> Do I re-use my pivot bar? The end looks like 26-021 and should engage 15-195 t-lock balance shoe.

Photos are attached.

Thanks for your help,

David 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named model_795_28b_window_balance_check.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_pivot_bar.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can specially make this balance for you, yes. Can you just tell me how many you need?

As for that pivot bar, I see no reason why you can't reuse your old one, as long as it's not damage. If it is damaged, though, let me know.

A quick learner from College Grove, Tennessee says:
Hi Tom,
I was in a hurry so I ordered two S795-28 and I moved the hook from my old balances to the new ones. I pulled out some slack and rolled a few wraps of string on the body of the balance and clamped it in place so I could untie the knot and place the old 15-198 hook onto the new balance. The pivot bars on the sash fit into the 15-195 t-lock balance shoe just fine.

I have another window that needs 20C balances. I'll try to order those with the 15-198 hooks installed.

Thanks for your help,

Dave B.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great, glad you were able to get it to work! If you'd like to specially order the 20C balances, we can help but we will need to know how many you need. 

A quick learner from College Grove, TN says:
Hi - I was able to place the order online for two S795-20C. The 15-198 hooks are on backorder so I ordered standard units and will reuse my hooks.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.