Ribbed channel balances/SHOES

A handy person from Vermont says:
I have old Rico double hung tilt windows. All have 20" balances. Some appear to be your s750 that uses 15-112 shoe which accepts a flat bar on either side bottom of window; some of my windows have (s751) balances and use a black shoe (15-014) with the bottom of window either side attached a v wedge thing.

Anyway, is it possible to just order the s750 balances plus the window bottom part and keep everything the same? Also the balance is stamped 20 but actually measures 21" ( just the metal ribbed bar end to end)
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't think you can change all the ribbed balances to just one type for all your windows without also making a change to the sash pivot bar. It's possible, but it may not be worth it. I generally try to keep all hardware the same as it was originally. There may have been a reason the installers used the Series 751 over the Series 750 that may not be evident until you try a difference balance.

Don't worry about the stamp. If you look at the stamps for our S751-21 and S750-21, you can see that all of our stamps start with "20" as well, despite being 21" long. This is the case for most channel balances.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.