Roto Casement window replacement parts

A contractor from Potomac, MD says:
I have casement windows that have broken cranks and one window with a broken opening mechanism. Here are the pictures of the mechanisms on the windows. I am hoping you can help lead me to a replacement. Measured from inside, the longer arm is approximately 5 inches and the shorter arm is about 2.5 inches.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210204_130917.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210204_130126.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210204_130015.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210206_193122.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This looks like old ROTO hardware. We carry the newer versions of this operator, our 39-091 and 39-092, and they can use either our 39-224 or 39-230 Hex handles; but I am not sure if these will work with your older design. To make things complicated, ROTO has discontinued a lot of this hardware over the years, and we only will carry the operators while supplies last. Other components, such as the bracket arm that connects the operator's short arm to the window sash, are no longer available. Apologies for any inconvenience. 

A contractor from Potomac, MD says:
Thank you for the info Bob. If I understand you correctly, my current bracket arms installed will work with new 39-091 or 39-092 operators and I can chose either handle to work those operators? If all I need is a handle, will the handles you recommend work on the old operators now installed? And finally, for the one window that no longer has the arm assemblies, what are my options for a complete new system? Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this for you. If you need to only replace the operators, then you will need to use the 39-091 and the 39-092. Looking at the photos it appears you have the 39-224 fold down type handle. Now, unfortunately the sash bracket that these operators used are no longer available, so if you need to replace the bracket as well, unfortunately there's no replacement as Roto has stopped making them. 

One possibility would be to try and use one of the newer operators by Roto like the 39-329 and the 39-330 with the fold down handle 39-232 along with the sash brackets 39-553 and the 39-554. When installing these type of operators you must install the sash bracket in the proper location so the window will open and close correctly.

An easier operator to install might be the 39-365 and 39-366 with the handles 39-205 along with the track 39-504. You would need to install the track on the bottom of the window sash and line it up with the operator arm. Take note on all of these newer style operators you will have to fill in around the operator body because these and not as wide as the original one you now have on the window. I am not certain if any of these processes would work with your specific window setup; if in doubt, hire a pro for assistance. Let us know if you have further questions. 

A handy person from California says:
Does the 39-091 come in the color brown? I'm in need of replacing this one. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roto.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid these operators are becoming a thing of the past, as Roto has discontinued them. The only supply we have left are in a white finish. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.