S140-10 how to mount

A handy person from NJ says:
I am replacing a quick tilt coil assembly existing coil balanced attaches to window channel with a Philips head screw, I don't see that mounting screw on the S140-10. Is it under a cover ?

my window is 20 years old cant even see who manufactured them.
Are the channels all a stadard size ?
Trying to figure out if this will work for me.
The existing balance coil has a screw mount to the pivot sash mount, the only 10# coil I see in you parts list does not seem to have a hole for a screw mount that is why I thought I could just replace the whole assembly with S140-10.

What do you think ?
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

The S140 installs with a screw. See the image below where I've circled the hole where the screw would go. There aren't standard sized channels. Each manufacturer designs their window differently. 

I'm not sure if the S140 is what you have, though. To confirm you get the right hardware for the job, can you show us some pictures of your pivot shoe removed from the window?  

s140 install
Added pic of the of the pivot shoe

Yanks for your help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220524_141055.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220524_141100.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you kindly! This appears to be an older version of our 15-180 pivot shoe which is designed to use the Series 190 coil springs. Compare our dimensions with your old hardware to confirm this matches up. If you need a new single coil clip, see our 15-186.

Thank you what a really need is the coil spring is there a 10 lb 190 coil spring part # ?
I see the 940 is 9lb spring.
I weighed the window it weighs
20#s.
Think the 940 coil spring will work ? I would replace both of them.
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't have a 10 pound S190 coil spring and using a 9 pound spring on both sides of the window may not be strong enough. With that said, you can use two S190-540 5 pound coil springs on both sides of the window which will total 20 pounds of overall support. You'll also need the 15-181 double coil support now that you'll be using two coils. 

I know you originally had a single coil spring setup but that doesn't really matter. The tension of the spring is important, not the number of springs.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.