S140-9 quick tilt single

A home owner from Tennessee says:

Just purchased a left and right of the S140-9. We took out the old spring balances and installed the new S140-9, but the window doesn't want to close all the way. About a 1/4 inch from being able to lock the window. If I can master this window, I want to buy these parts for my other windows. Is there a video on how to install them?

One more question on the S140-9 quick tilt single. What is the length of the coil? Could it be the coil is not long enough? My window in about 30 inches tall.

Thanks,

Robert

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for your correspondence. When service people install the Series 140, they first close the sash and mark where the top tilt latch comes to on the track and mark it with a pencil. Then they remove the sash, line up the S140 Quick Tilt just below the mark, drill a screw hole in the track and install the the Quick Tilt. Being your sash is 1-4" short when closing, we recommend dropping the hole 1/2" below the hole it is using now. We are working on a video on this and will have it in a few months.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.