S500-30 spiral balance

A home owner from jersey city,nj says:
1. For a window with a lower sash of 34" wide x 34" tall and a top sash of 34" wide x 33 " high, what would be the correct size for spiral balances? 2. I would like to order S500-30 spiral balance but the spiral balance I am replacing has a black tip. I don't see a black tip in your catalog.
Thanks,
Ira
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
If you originally had black tip 30" Series 500 balances you should replace to just that; I have added the Black Tip option for you, here is a product code link to get you started: S500-30

The 30" Series 500 Balance with Black Tip option will carry a window sash weight range of 31 through 40 pounds.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A handy person from Rhode Island says:
Hi,

We have tilt-in aluminum windows that have sash that are approximately 45"w x 39"h and weigh 44lbs. The old cord balances are about 38" long.
Can new 38" black tip balances support that weight?

-Tom
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Can you give us the length of the spiral portion of the tube only?
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.